Make the Most of Your Cosmetic Treatment With HydraFacialPosted on Wednesday, February 10th, 2021 by Douglas M. Stevens, MD
When you invest time and money into a cosmetic treatment, you justifiably want to see the best results possible. Dr. Douglas Stevens and our team recommend taking your rejuvenation journey to the next level by incorporating HydraFacial into your cosmetic treatment. HydraFacial is the only “hydradermabrasion” procedure that simultaneously combines cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, hydration and antioxidant protection.
While HydraFacial offers standalone benefits, it also pairs perfectly with a variety of surgical and non-surgical procedures, addressing virtually all of your skin care concerns at the same time.
What Does HydraFacial Involve?
HydraFacial improves the appearance of a variety of imperfections, including enlarged pores, fine lines, dull skin, dark spots and mild acne. It is gentle and safe for every skin type.
Described by our patients as a refreshing and “spa-like” treatment, HydraFacial involves the following steps:
- Superior cleansing and physical exfoliation with patented “HydroPeel® Tip,” which creates a vortex effect
- Light chemical peel (without visible peeling) using lactic and mild glycolic solutions to enhance the exfoliation benefits
- Pain-free extractions with salicylic acid to remove impurities deep inside the pores
- Hydration to help skin better respond to laser treatment
- Infusion of antioxidants, peptides and personalized super serums, including growth factors that penetrate 20 percent deeper than topical serums
- Lymphatic drainage
What Treatments Pair Well With HydraFacial?
HydraFacial can complement the results of nearly any other cosmetic treatment, including the following:
- Surgical and non-surgical facelift
- CO2 laser skin resurfacing
- Cosmetic injectables
- Traditional microneedling
- Morpheus8 (radiofrequency or RF microneedling)
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment
- Evoke facial rejuvenation
- Traditional chemical peels
HydraFacial improves skin health quality, improves healing time after surgery, increases antioxidant levels, detoxifies and removes inflammation while enhancing the desired treatment outcomes. Studies show incorporating HydraFacial into another cosmetic treatment produces positive histological and physiological changes compared to what can be expected from performing the treatment alone.
When Should I Have a HydraFacial Prior To My Facelift?
We recommend HydraFacial treatments once a week for three weeks prior to undergoing a facelift, CO2 laser resurfacing treatment, RF microneedling treatment or chemical peel.
Can Treatments Be Performed the Same Day?
HydraFacial can be performed the same day as dermaplaning, IPL therapy and laser resurfacing treatment to optimize the outcomes and longevity of the results.
When pairing HydraFacial with injectables such as Botox or facial fillers, it is best to wait seven days after your injections before getting a HydraFacial.
Contact Our Practice Today
For more information about combining multiple treatment modalities to enhance and extend the longevity of your results, we invite you to call or email our practice. We would be happy to recommend a specific treatment protocol based on your skin type and needs.